Wednesday 29 January 2014

SocialRacer - A Blog Introduction!

Hello and welcome to the first post of my blog, SocialRacer! I've created this blog, firstly to outline my experiences of Google's Squared Online, as a Squared Online student, secondly to share thoughts, opinions and reviews of all things digital! I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for visiting... now keep on reading!

I wanted to share with you what attracted to me to Google Squared and what I'm hoping to achieve. Squared Online is a relatively new introduction into the world of learning from Google, in partnership with the Home Learning College and endorsed by the IPA. The Squared course is described as:
"The digital marketing course and qualification for tomorrow’s connected leaders. Developed by Google, built by the best practitioners and delivered collaboratively online, we are a new movement in career learning." - Squared Online
I have always had a keen interest in Social Media, Marketing and Brand Management, and have worked with companies of all sizes to help support them in achieving their Social and Marketing objectives. Having undertaken some smaller Social campaigns, I began to get a good threshold on the technology available and the ways it can be used to connect with your audience, whether it be fans or customers alike.

Taking this to the next step, I am particularly interested in analytics and the world of mobile. With mobile usage estimated to grow 300% worldwide by 2017*1, every business should consider their online presence and how they should keep up in the digital, ever-growing and constantly transforming online landscape.

By learning with the support of Google, The Home Learning College and Key Speakers throughout my course, I hope to expand my knowledge of Digital Marketing in every area and be able to use my knowledge, sharing it for the benefit of others. Social Media and Digital Marketing are very keen personal interests of mine and such a great opportunity could not be missed! I have had my initial "test" lesson, just to make sure all the technology is up and running, which went very smoothly and run by Aiden Carroll from the Squared team. Aiden made a great first impression with the group and left everyone buzzing at the end of the first session. Looking forward to our first "Learning" class - will keep the blog updated as I progress!

If you would like to connect with me and follow me on my Squared journey, follow this blog, SocialRacer and feel free to connect with me across other platforms - links can be found below. I look forward to hearing from you!



Article Sources:
*1 - http://techcrunch.com/2013/07/03/mobile-data-use-to-grow-300-globally-by-2017-led-by-video-web-traffic-says-strategy-analytics/

No comments:

Post a Comment